Friday 6 November 2015

Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer (REVIEW)

This is one of those products that everyone seems to rave about. I've seen mentions of it circling around the blogging world for quite a while now but I always put off buying it because of the price tag (€42 on brownthomas.com). A few weeks ago I took the plunge and ordered it, I couldn't wait until it came and had visions of how amazing my skin was going to look. 

''Laura Mercier, the pioneer of Foundation Primer, introduces a breakthrough radiant formula to the collection. Creating the ultimate canvas for foundation and makeup, Foundation Primer - Radiance provides a sheer, healthy glow to the skin.'' - BrownThomas.com


Without Flash                                  With Flash

Its actually a very large tube, but still doesn't justify the price. 
So I tried it and I sooooooo wanted to love this, but I HATE IT. Once applied my skin didn't look any different at all, there was no 'radiance' or glow or anything. Nada.
I applied my foundation over it, still nothing. Confused, I went about my day and a few hours later I look in the mirror. Oh holy jesus, that was quite the sight. All my makeup had melted off my face in patches and I was left with white patches of skin and orange, greasy patches. I looked like some sort of orange and white cow. It was awful. 

I thought maybe it was my foundation so I tried it with a different one. I tried it with a different powder, I tried NOT using moisturiser the morning I was using it, NOTHING WORKED.
NOTHING. 
After a few goes I completely gave up trying and f*cked it in a drawer never to be seen again and went back to my trust MAC Prep & Prime Skin Primer.

So the moral of the story is, well actually I don't know what the moral of the story is but this primer does not work.

EF xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x