Wednesday 11 September 2013

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner




Most of you know I love my liner. I much prefer gel over liquid. I find liquid to be messy. 
For years I've been using the Essence gel liner and was devastated when it was discontinued, that loss started my hunt for a new liner. Starting with the Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner.


*please excuse the fact the brush has been used. Bad blogger*

First off lets talk packaging. The product comes in a glass jar with a plastic oddly shaped lid. The top of the lid holds a brush. You pull the brush out, and you can attach it to the end of the lid to make a longer handle. Now, here's my problem, if you do attach it, the wide part of the lid gets in the way. If you choose not to attach it to the lid the brush is slightly too short.
I'd much prefer if it had a normal lid. I do like that a brush has been included but I wish it was separate. 




Application wise, it applies amazingly well. It glides on like a liquid with no pulling or tugging on your skin. There's no need to swirl or work the product around to soften before application. 
It does take a lot longer to dry than other gels though so you have to be careful for a few minutes after applying. It doesn't seem to last the whole day which I'm disappointed with. Especially since it claims to be waterproof. By the end of a busy work day it's faded and smudges if you touch it.
If the formula was longer lasting it would be perfect!
I'll continue to use it until I try a new one but whether I'll repurchase I'm not sure..
If any of you have any gel liner recommendations I'd really appreciate it!

Emma xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x