Friday 13 September 2013

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Review - Beauty Blender Dupe???


For a while now I've considered buying the beauty blender but to be honest I couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a sponge.
So while browsing Cloud10Beauty website I spotted a HUGE ad on their homepage advertising the new Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, I didn't even know RT were coming out with a beauty blender dupe so of course I had to go have a gawk. When I spotted the price €5.99 I had to add it to my basket!


My packaging got a little bashed up in the post!


 The sponge itself is quite a unique shape compared to the Beauty Blender, it has a flat side which is great for getting under the eyes and the sides of the nose.

To use, you basically hold the sponge under water, you do have to hold it for about a minute for it to expand fully and then you squeeze the water out, I also placed it in a towel and squeezed to make sure it was just slightly damp, not wet.

Then I squirted my foundation onto the back of my hand, patted the sponge on top and started to work it onto my face. I bounced the sponge along my skin occasionally 'rubbing' along my hairline to blend. 

The result? HOLY CRAP I WILL NEVER USE A MAKEUP BRUSH AGAIN.
I find blending with a brush tends to drag the foundation along my skin, leaving streaks and basically removing the makeup from my skin, I've used a buffing brush also (the sigma one) and found stippling left little dots on my makeup from the tips of the bristles. This sponge just leaves a perfect, flawless application.

I've only used it once (last night) and didn't have time to take a photo of my makeup afterwards (I was rushing out to dinner with a friend) but keep an eye out for any future makeup looks/face of the days as this sponge will definitely be used in them!

Have any of you tried either this sponge or the beauty blender? 
Are you pro makeup brushes or pro sponges?

Emma xo





2 comments:

  1. Dying to try this! Having never used the BeautyBlender (price put me off) I'm so excited to finally see what all the fuss is about when it comes to these new era of makeup sponges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know me too I thought it was insanely expensive! I think they're great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x