Thursday 14 February 2013

How To Make a Ring (That is Too Big) Smaller to Fit Your Finger


Hi guys so I wasn't really sure what to call this post hence the long title but its exactly what it says it is.
I have quite small hands and fingers which can sometimes be a problem when buying rings online in particular. I recently ordered a one size fits all ring on eBay and found that it was just slightly too big, nothing major but it slid off my finger easily. 
But luckily, I found a solution and now it stays on my finger perfectly.


I'll include photos at the end!
So all you need to do this is a ring (duuh), some superglue, scissors and a foam eyeshadow applicator (yaaay for reusing those annoying yokes that everyone throws away)

I basically pulled one of the foam parts off the end of an eyeshadow applicator (be careful not to tear it!), I then placed some superglue on it (you need quite a bit as sometimes the foam can absorb some of the glue) and glued it to the inside of the band of the ring. I held it in place until the glue was dry and snipped off the excess foam from around the edges.


And voila, the foam is soft enough to not hurt your finger (unlike some of the plastic bands you can buy that basically do the same thing) yet still adds some padding so the ring fits better.

If you're ring is very large, you may need to use a few pieces of this foam and place another one on each side of the one in the photo above to fill more space. 
You really cant see the foam when you're wearing the ring as its facing the palm of your hand.

6 comments:

  1. Wow nice post! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, if a ring doesn't fit me I normally just abandon it and never wear it.

    http://bigmegowski.blogspot.ie/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im the very same! I love your blog name btw!


      xx

      Delete
  3. That's so cool! I've never seen it done this way before, but it's so easy to do! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally just came up with it on the spot haha, You're welcome!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x