Thursday 3 January 2013

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

I've wanted to try the MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation for quite some time now, but because the nearest MAC to me is Dublin, I rarely actually get to go to MAC. 
I knew we'd be going to Dundrum around Christmas time as we do every year so I'd planned to get the Studio Fix Fluid. 
When I was in MAC I asked the girl what shade I should get as it was while since I actually used a MAC foundation (Up until now I was using the Smashbox Studio Skin,  reveiw here, which is a lovely foundation but I wanted to try something new). 
After she'd picked a shade I told her about my dry skin, she put the Studio Fix Fluid back and told me Studio Sculpt would be better for my skin as it wouldn't cling to dry patches as the Studio Fix Fluid is prone to do.
So I went for the Studio Sculpt.




MAC Cosmetics Studio Sculpt Foundation €36.50 Brown Thomas
or £24.00 for UK girls online from MAC here

''A creamy, luxurious, gel-based foundation that provides medium buildable to high coverage with a natural satin finish. Hydrating, instantly revitalizes the skin while keeping it looking smooth, soft and plus. Long-wearing, water-resistant.'' -maccosmetics.co.uk

The shade I got is NC20, the exact match for my skin is NC15 but honestly, it made me look horribly pale and sickly. As I rarely wear foundation during the day I decided to go a shade up and just bronze my chest when I'm wearing it. Usually I'll have tan on for a night out anyway!
I love love this foundation, the coverage is perfect, I like a good coverage so this is not too sheer but I still don't look like I've troweled my makeup on either! I'm blessed with clear skin so I just like to even out my skintone with a foundation so I'm not sure how it works on covering blemished skin. Although

I've seen a few people complain about the smell of this foundation but to be honest, I don't mind it at all, its not a bad smell or anything, and it doesn't linger on your skin either.



As you can see it blends beautifully and a tiny amount goes a long way! Trust me, I ended up squeezing out too much the first time and was like 'what the heck am I supposed to do with the rest of it?!'.
I also love the squeezy tube it comes in. Its sooo handy for putting into your purse without worrying about it breaking. I used to bring my glass bottle foundations out with me on nights out and was terrified it would get broken, with this, I have no worries! It's also a lot more sanitary!
When its finally down to its last drop you can cut the end off and take the rest of the product stuck around the edges off with a brush where as with a glass bottle its hard to get down into it with a brush. YAAY for no wastage!

This foundation was €36.50 for 40ml, which works out a lot cheaper than the Studio Fix Fluid which was €31.50 for 30ml. For 40ml of the Studio Fix it would have been €42.00.
€36 sounds like a lot for a foundation but its a base makeup product and I'd happily pay €50 for a a good foundation. To me, like skincare, its an investment.  

If anyone's tried the Studio Fix Fluid I'd be interested to hear what you think of it since I never actually bought it, especially if you have dry skin!
Whats your go to foundation?
If you have any questions feel free to leave them below and I'd be happy to try to help you any way I can!

Emma xo

4 comments:

  1. I'm adding this to my list of products to get at MAC! I too have a few dry patches so I think this would be good for me too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id recommend it anyway! I find it doesn't cling to my dry patches like other foundations so Im glad the girl made me get this instead of the Studio Fix Fluid! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so desperate to try this!
    J
    osie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad its come into my life haha xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x