Wednesday 26 December 2012

Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner

The second item in my prize from VivaAdonis.com (read more and see the first prize in my previous post) is the Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner. 
Now when I first read the box I thought it was gonna be a gel eyeliner but in a liquid eyeliner pen form. You know the ones that are like felt tip pens?
I was wrong..




Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner* in Black £6.00 here

I was extremely confused when I took the lid off to reveal..


A pencil?!
Its a bit blunt in the photo as I used it before taking photos (bad blogger).
I was like what the heck how is this a gel eyeliner?! 

After one swatch and use on my eyes, I was OBSESSED. 
I am in LOVE. I think this may be the best eyeliner pencil I've ever use, It may even top the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners (yes I DID just say that). 

The formula is sooo smooth and creamy, it applies like a dream without any tugging on the skin. The pigmentation is amazing and the staying power? Holy crap this bad boy is hard to get off. It doesn't smudge. Trust me, I tried rubbing the swatch, It took about 5 hard rubs from my fingers (to the point it actually hurt) to get it to smudge, and at that it was barely smudged. 


I tried removing it with a baby wipe from my wrist, by the time I got it off my wrist was red (you can barely see the redness in the photo above as it is a photo of a second swatch I did because the first wasn't a straight  enough line.. yep I'm THAT OCD). 

But don't worry, it doesn't take too harsh a scrubbing to remove it with makeup remover, although its not a 'wipe and its gone' its a 'wipe continuously for about 5 minutes and its gone'.

I used it yesterday instead of my usual go to liquid liner (review here) and it stayed put all day, without so much as a fade in colour or a smudge.
I also applied it in my waterline, usually after about an hour most pencils will have disappeared from my waterline as my eyes get very watery but this managed to stick around without disappearing too much for a few hours.

I'll definitely be buying this when it runs out! Its a miracle product. Thumbs up Avon. You've made me a very happy girl!
Have you tried this liner?
Whats your 'miracle pencil liner'?

Emma xo


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's impressive post! I have 3 different eye liners from Avon, but haven't tries this one. Will buy, when I'll have a chance! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x