Sunday 8 July 2012

Rimmel London Kate Moss Collection Lipstick 02






 Ive always wanted a hot pink lipstick but to be honest I've never gotten around to actually getting on so when I was in town with my friend and spotted this I just had to get it. I swatched it on my arm in the shop and it came out as a very bright hot pink (Its coming out quite reddish in the photos but I couldn't take it on a proper camera so that may be the problem). In person it is definitely a hot pink. Now obviously I wasn't going to put it on my lips in the shop because well that's disgusting, anyone could have touched the tester so my arm had to do.

Kate Moss Collection 02

That was all fine and dandy until I got home and tried it on my lips straight from the bullet and noticed it came out as more of a red colour on my lips. Now mind you my lips wouldn't naturally be very red. Needless to say I was quite disappointed. Even my friend said it was very red looking.

 Later on I decided to try applying it with a lip brush and didn't use as much product as you would applying it straight onto your lips from the bullet and it did come out less of a red and more of a hot pink.

   
Applied with a lip brush (very messily I was in a rush haha)



It feels quite nice on your lips actually. It doesn't feel drying at all. Ill definitely be picking up a few more of the colours from the collection. I think it was about €7.50 where I got it. Its was no more than €8 anyway so they're really not expensive at all!

 It is a little tricky to apply, you do have to take your time and use a lip liner. I haven't tried it on a night out or anything yet, I'm quite scared actually, I don't want to end up with it all over my face (if you get what I'm saying, wink wink).
Ill make sure to post an update at the end of this post when I do to let you know how I got on!

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous! I love very sleek black packaging. It reminds me of my MAC Lady Gaga lipstick with the signature on the tube as well.



Have you tried any of the Kate Moss collection lipsticks? Are there any colours you think are worth trying?

Emma x




2 comments:

  1. I just received this in post from asos.com, and I think it was a lot less than €8, about 4, I think. I was actually hoping it would be more red but oh well. It smells nice :)
    And I was thinking about wearing it to a party tonight but... might not be such a good idea, it'll get smudged for sure haha.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I definitely paid at least 7 :(
    Yeah to me it definitely comes out as more of a red but that could just be my lips!
    Hahaha I know I'm very hesitant about wearing it out just in case! One of these days I'll take the plunge! If you do wear it out make sure to let me know how it stays :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x